Hey everyone! I’m excited to share the final post all about My DIY Wedding! You’ve seen my posts about How To Make Wedding Cupcakes and my DIY Wedding Flowers, but today I want to give you all a full overview of my DIY big day! Thanks to Michaels my wedding was basically a one-stop shop. I got everything to make my flowers, favors, decor, and more. I will be breaking my wedding down into sections and giving you full lists of all the amazing products and supplies I bought at Michaels that made my big day perfect.
My DIY Wedding Decor was beautiful! Some of it was bought, but most of it was handmade! From candles to silk flower petals, below I have compiled a list of everything I used for my decor. Buying all of it would be easy, but making it yourself is an amazing way to add a personal touch to every piece. Plus you would save a ton of money making it yourself!
We used so many products to make our decor beautiful, and Michales had it all.
- Darice® 2.5″ Natural Burlap Ribbon – We used this burlap all over the venue! We loved making bows out of it to tie onto each row of the ceremony chairs.
- 108″ White Tulle – We also used this beautiful tulle to make into bows and tie on the ceremony chairs along with the burlap bows!
- Ashland® Pillar Candles – We arranged these beautiful candles all around the venue. We found them in multiple heights and they looked beautiful.
- Bead Landing™ Natural Jute – We loved using this jute to hang things, tie things, and add a rustic touch to a lot of decor. We even wrapped this jute around multiple bottles.
- Recollections™ Fishtail Burlap Banner – We used our beloved Cricut Maker to Iron-On mine and my husbands’ names onto this beautiful banner. We added this Celebrate It® Occasions™ 7/8″ Lace Ribbon to the top for a shabby chic look.
- Assorted Patterned Doilies – 3.5″ to 6.5″ – We draped these doilies over basically everything. My family even had some doilies they’ve collected over the years and they all looked great.
- Marvy® Uchida Chalk Marker – We love these chalk markers. They looked great on the many chalkboards we had around the venue.
- We used multiple Chalkboards of various sizes and styles.
- Lillian Rose™ Rose Petals in Pink and Red – We used these in some mason jars as well as sprinkled them all along the sides of the aisle.
- We used several different kinds of Pumpkins from Michaels. We wanted all white pumpkins and they had a great selection for our fall wedding!
- The large selection of rustic Lanterns was amazing, and we scattered different ones all around the venue.
- Darice® Natural Barky Wood Slice Plaque – These wood slices were under all the centerpieces. They looked beautiful and gave a super rustic feel to the already stunning whitewashed barn.
My DIY Flowers were beautiful. We made all of the centerpieces, tons of arrangements scattered around the venue, and even all of the bouquets and boutonniere were made by my family. We got everything from floral foam to hot glue at Michaels, and our flowers were unbeatable. To read a more in-depth post all about our arrangements, check out my post titled DIY Wedding Flowers.
I love the selection of products Michaels has for anyone wanting to make flower arrangements. It’s perfect for any wedding at any time of the year. You can find exactly what you’re looking for and so much more.
- Assorted Flowers and Greenery – Almost every arrangement at the wedding was made with their beautiful silk flowers and greenery. You couldn’t even tell the fresh flowers from the silk ones, they were that beautiful.
- Wood Bucket with Handle By Ashland® – We bought a few of these and our bright flower arrangements looked too cute in them!
- FloraCraft® Floral Foam Brick – We used more than a few blocks of this floral foam. It’s high quality and easy to use.
- 1.5″ Pink Grosgrain Ribbon – This ribbon looked beautiful around flower arrangements as well as around my bridal bouquet.
- 5 x 10″Galvanized Watering Can – Much like the wooden buckets, floral arrangements looked so cute in these watering cans.
- 2.5″ Burlap & Lace Ribbon – We made several bows with this beautiful ribbon. It went perfectly with our shabby chic theme.
- Westcott® Glue Gun – This glue gun was used endlessly during the wedding crafting. We used it on almost every project, much like the one above where we hot glued jute around bottles.
- Ball® Quart Mason Jars – These mason jars came in handy all around the venue. We used them to hold the centerpieces as well as the send-off bubbles!
- Krylon® Chalky Finish Spray Paint – This stuff is amazing! We used it to paint all of the mason jars for the centerpieces. Nothing is better than chalky finish paint, accept maybe chalky finish SPRAY paint!
- DIY Home Sanding Block by ArtMinds® – We used these sanding blocks for tons of different things throughout the wedding. Sanding mason jars, smoothing out wood slices, etc.
- Floral Wire with Cutter by Ashland™ – When making flower arrangements, you have to have floral wire!
- Wire Cutting Tool – This thing will be your best friend when cutting flowers, greenery, jute, anything.
- Fiskars® Bent Titanium Scissors – To have a good wedding, you need the best scissors. Get five pairs!
The cake is a very important part of a wedding! Everyone looks forward to the wedding cake. We got to make our own, and we got everything we needed at Michaels. From icing to wrappers and toppers, our DIY Wedding Cupcakes looked amazing.
Not only did we make our own cupcakes, but we even made a three-tiered cake and decorated it with fresh flowers. Everything was so beautiful. I will give you all the links to all the products I used to make my cupcakes beautiful, but if you want a more in-depth tutorial on how to make them, check out my other post titled How To Make Wedding Cupcakes.
- Boxed White Cake Mix – A homemade cake recipe would be fine, but boxed cakes are easy and delicious as well.
- Large Laser-Cut Heart Cupcake Wrappers By Celebrate It® – These wrappers added an elegant touch to the cupcakes, I love the way they looked.
- Pink Rose Treat Toppers By Celebrate It® – You won’t believe how excited I was to find these adorable roses. They matched my colors and theme perfectly!
- Light Brown Standard Baking Cups – These baking cups popped so well with the white lace cupcake wrappers. Simple and beautiful.
- Wilton®Open Star 1M Decorating Tip – This 1M piping tip is my go-to! It’s the only one I use. It’s the perfect beginner piping tip as well.
- Wilton® Sprinkles™ Sugar Pearls in Pink and White – These sugar pearls looked beautiful sprinkled on the cupcakes. We used the roses on some and the pearls on others. The cupcakes looked perfect and balanced.
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags – These are a must for any cake decorator. Plus the disposable ones are easier. I don’t like washing out the reusable ones.
- Your Favorite Royal Icing Recipe, or Wilton® Royal Icing in White – For when your homemade icing recipe is just too time-consuming! This royal icing is delicious.
- Wilton® 9″ Angled Spatula – You never know when you’ll need a good angled spatula. We used this to touch up our cupcakes as well as spread all the icing onto the three-tiered cake.
I was debating on my Wedding Send-Off Idea for a while. I know that sparklers are popular, I’ve seen confetti and bird seed. I was honestly trying to think of what send-off idea would make the least amount of mess. When deciding you also have to think about what time it will be when you’re sent off. If it will be dark, sparklers are probably the best idea. If it’s early enough then really you can do whatever you’d like. We decided to use bubbles!
We got everything we needed to make my wedding favors happen at Michaels. Much like the pumpkins we used, some seasonal decor we got at Michaels may not be available in stores year-round. That being said, I will still give you all evert link I can!
- Victoria Lynn™ Bridal Bubble Bottles with Heart Accent Lids – Everyone loved blowing bubbles for us, especially all the kiddos!
- 32 oz. Quart Size Wide Mouth Ball® Mason Jar – These jars are perfect for holding the bubbles, and the wide mouth jars hold more.
- 108″ White Tulle – We stuffed the bottoms of the mason jars with tulle. It was a great idea and looked really professional.
- Chalkboards With Clothespins – These were so handy and perfect to clip into the mouth of the mason jar.
- Marvy® Uchida Chalk Marker – I bought several of these chalk markers because they worked so well on all of our chalkboards!
I would like to thank my friends and family as well as Michaels for making my wedding a dream come true. I would also like to give my amazing photographer Jyn Armstrong of Jyn Allen Photography a shout out. She did an amazing job capturing one of the happiest days of my life.
I was blown away with my DIY Wedding. I had so much fun getting involved in my big day, and the money I saved doing so much myself was well worth it. If you are thinking about having your own DIY Wedding, you won’t regret it. Go get inspired at Michaels and let them help you create the best Do It Yourself Wedding.
I know some people might want to know who my few vendors are, and where this beautiful wedding was held! Below I will list my venue as well as all vendors.
Venue: The Barn at Williams Manor
Catering: Southern Hospitality Catering
Photography: Jyn Allen Photography
Videography: Lions Creative LLC
Dress: David’s Bridal
Hair and Makeup: Beauty By BAG