If you guys can believe it spring is tomorrow! I thought there would be no better way to celebrate than to show you all how to make a super simple Cricut spring craft. I love making spring and Easter crafts. Especially home decor that I can display and then put away to display in the years ahead. Today we made a super easy DIY Cricut Easter Photo Display. It will take you less than 30 minutes to finish and looks so cute! If you all didn’t know about the project today we’re using a file from Makers Gonna Learn. It’s a fun membership site for people who LOVE crafting filled with over 150 cut files for every occasion in your life. I hope you enjoy learning how to make this fun DIY spring craft!
- Wooden Block Photo Holder
- Cricut Maker
- Weeding Tool Set
- Pink Vinyl
- Gray Vinyl
- Transfer Paper
- White Chalky Finish Paint
- Black chalky finish paint
- Sanding Block
- Take your black paint and apply a thin coat all over the wooden block and allow to dry.
- Now take your white paint and apply two coats to the wooden block. Then allow to dry completely.
- With your sanding block carefully sand away some areas of the white paint to reveal the black base coat to make it look distressed!
- With your Cricut cut out your designs and since this is a multi-layered project. Be sure to weed them separately and carefully.
- Once your designs are weeded and both have transfer paper slowly transfer them from the paper onto your wood block. You may need to use a Cricut tool to help you press and adhere the designs onto the wood.
- Be sure to apply your designs separately. Once you’re done simply add a photo and display in your home.
Is this not the cutest Easter craft? I love the freedom you have to choose your own colors of vinyl, paint colors, and the photo you choose to display. This would make a great gift for a friend or family member to give them and display a photo of you together this spring.